Friday, July 19, 2013

Dragon temper tantrums

So, last night we got this request from a girl named Cinders in the kingdom of Eveynia:

To Whom it May Concern - My pet dragon Aurik has been having terrible temper tantrums lately (he is 2 months old) and keeps burning down the house. Literally. How should I deal with this?
Sincerely,
Cinders

Ps: He has also taken an interest in my next door neighbour's children as a potential food source, so if you had a way to convince him that they do not taste good that would be helpful too. Thanks.


 I decided it would probably be in the best interest of all involved if I got to work right away.

1. Are you sure of your dragon's age? Most dragons aren't yet big enough to blow fire or eat anyone when they're only two months old. Did you hatch the dragon yourself, or get him pre-hatched? Look into that, simply because I'm curious. Also, take him to Dr. Fernost, who I hear is in Eveynia at the moment. He's a veterinarian who specializes in the more dangerous animals.

2. Do you know what kicks off these temper tantrums? If it's a word or action, simply stop using that word or performing that action. This may be as simple as an expression that you use all the time, like "And how?" or "Strewth!"

3. It's possible that your dragon is ill. This can be caused by numerous things, such as accidental swallowing of the flammable venom used in fire breathing, and this can lead to bouts of frustration with the dragon's miserable condition. If this is the problem, ask your apocathrist for Dr. Earnest Drake's Dragon Linctus, which will heal poor Aurik up in a jiffy.

4. Until you figure out what the problem is, make sure Aurik isn't eating any marshwort. This is one of the three main plants that dragons eat which allows them to breath fire, and the only one native to Eveynia.

5. As for the children, I would say... make a scarecrow out of himmleweed, and dress it as a child. Leave Aurik alone with it, with no supervision at all. After he eats it, I can promise you he will never wish to eat a child again.

Remember: Dragons are complicated creatures. Keep looking at different options until one works.

*photo credit to hidanthedark on deviantart

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for getting to my question so quickly! I really appreciate it!

    1) Well actually my best friend hatched this one and gave it to me as a belated birthday gift. So Aurik might be closer to 3 months. Plus he's a strange cross-breed, which might be why he developed more quickly. I really don't know.
    Thanks, I'll phone him and see if I can go round this afternoon.

    2) It seems to just be like a child - he doesn't like me saying 'no' :/ I can't spank him because that wouldn't work. I need some kind of disciplinary method that I could use to make him behave. I tried telling him that he'd not be allowed to do certain activities, but he just destroyed my furniture in rebellion.

    3) Oh thank you! I hadn't considered that!

    4) Oooohhh....he HAS eaten a lot of that lately... It grows in our back field. Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that.

    5) THANK YOU!!! I will do that right away!

    Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome!

    Hmm... Disciplinary action... Maybe hit him with a crowbar? It won't hurt him any more than it would hurt a child to be spanked.

    ReplyDelete